To support the TELL Step Up Challenge (Sep 10-Oct 10), mental health awareness in Japan and the local mountain guides in Gunma Prefecture, Tokyo Weekender is hosting a day hike to Mount Tanigawa in Minakami on September 16, 2021.
Cory McGowan, (Adventure Partner) leadership coach and a local resident of Minakami, will host the group, providing insights about life in the mountains of Japan and thoughtful discussion to make it a unique outdoor experience. He’ll be accompanied by professional mountain guiding partners.
Located on the border between Gunma and Niigata prefectures, Mount Tanigawa (1,977m) is one of Japan’s famous 100 mountains. The hike from the top of the ropeway is 6.6km round trip with an elevation climb of about 800 meters. A certain level of fitness and experience is recommended.
Entry is limited to 12 participants. Participants chosen on first come, first serve basis.
• Entry fee for the TELL Step Up Challenge
• Thought-provoking group activities and discussion with a leadership coach
• Professional mountain guide
• Shinkansen ticket from Tokyo Station to Jomokogen Station
• Private transportation from Jomokogen Station to Tanigawadake Ropeway
• Ropeway ticket
• Two locally made onigiri and two energy bars per person
6:36 Depart Tokyo Station
7:52 Arrive Jomokogen
9:00 Arrive Ropeway
10:00-16:00 Climb to top and return to ropeway
17:00 Depart for Jomokogen
18:23 Depart for Tokyo
19:36 Arrive Tokyo Station
*Entry limited to one person per entry
*Participants must live in Japan
*Participants must be 18 years or older
*Event will happen rain or shine