Engineers specializing in axial, radial, counter-rotating and mixed flow turbomachinery are invited to take part in a 3-day Interactive Workshop on Turbomachinery Design and Optimization with AxSTREAM. The workshop will be held on October 13-15, in Tokyo by SoftInWay Inc.
This intensive course is aimed at providing attendees with an in-depth practical knowledge of turbomachinery design to increase engineering efficiency and improve speed to market. During the training the engineers will use AxSTREAM software to successfully perform preliminary design of turbomachinery flow paths, inverse and direct 1D/2D analysis and optimization, 3D profiling/stacking of the airfoils, 3D FEA and CFD, and export of results to 3D CAD programs.
The AxSTREAM training contents include:
– Turbomachinery design theory and the use of AxSTREAM in engineering practice;
– Axial and radial turbomachinery: design characteristics and basic parameters;
– Design of an optimized flow path from preliminary design to generation of 3D blade profiles;
– The innovative approaches to multidisciplinary analysis;
– Practice: creation of an original turbomachinery flow path.
The course includes a special track customized to participants’ interests (axial and radial turbomachinery, axial turbine, axial compressor, radial turbine, centrifugal compressor and
retrofitting and performance upgrades).
After the training all attendees will receive a one month license to the complete AxSTREAM software suite (a value of over 10,000 EUR) for the type of machine they chose to study.